The new 2021 Building Regulations are the first major update we have had since 2013, therefore, the changes are significant and are going to have a major effect on the Building industry.
We have included below a brief summary of the key changes implemented to Part L 2021: Volume 1 – Dwellings:
- Photographic Evidence;
- A mandatory Government requirement to enable the production of domestic new build EPCs
- Must be taken for each plot at various construction stages of multiple details and must be geotagged
- Commissioning documents for M&E installations will also be required to produce the EPC
- Accredited Construction Details;
- ‘Approved’ details have been removed
- Established schemes or bespoke calculations will be required to be used to achieve compliance
- This is going to be a key element in achieving compliance!
- U-values / Air testing;
- U-values have been improved throughout
- Air testing will be required for all dwelling’s, no sample testing allowed
- Lighting Design;
- Lighting design will now be required from the designers
- Hot Water;
- Manufacturer, model and flow rate of all showers will be required
Notional building specification comparison:
For further information on the new Part O, Part L: Volume 1 and Volume 2, please contact us for your free copy of our PDF documents.